this whole set up is so beautiful and romantic.
The softness and delicate feelings are so sweet.
To make the bunting cake topper:
- Take two long lollipop sticks and spiral wrap in Japanese Washi tape.
- Using several scraps of ribbon, arrange in your desired order.
- Fold the pieces in half and feed them into your sewing machine one by one.
- Trim ends of ribbon to desired length.
- Wrap the extra thread on each end and hide them under the tape to secure.
To transform a simple glass cake stand:
- A product called Simple Leaf can be purchased from your local craft store. Using a liquid adhesive for leafing, paint the underside of the plate and the stand. When it dries, it becomes sticky.
- Using sheets of silver leaf, lay face down onto the adhesive and gently rub. Everywhere that you put the adhesive, the leaf will stick.
- Coat the entire cake stand except for the top of hte plate where the cake will sit.
- To tone the leafing down a bit, brush champagne colored metallic craft paint over the leafing, then rub off, leaving just a hint of color and adding a vintage look!
The escort card table is a lovely mix of flowers and paper, arranged on a repurposed silver-leafed shutter.
- Take an old shutter and turn it over. On the backside, pull the levers all the way down in one direction. Use a nail at the bottom to secure the lever. This keeps the slats angled up allowing you to tuck things in between them.
- Coat the shutter in your choice of paint color. Let dry.
- For a more vintage look, rub edges of the shutter/slats first with the side of a candle. The wax resists the paint. You can then go with some sandpaper and gently rub the wax back off, showing some of the wood underneath.
- To add the silver leaf, you will need a product called Simple Leaf (from Michaels or Hobby Lobby). You use a liquid adhesive to paint all the parts of your shutter you want to cover. When it dries, it becomes sticky.
- Using the sheets of silver leaf, lay it face down onto the adhesive and gently rub. Everywhere that you put the adhesive, the leaf will stick.
- Continue doing this to as much or as little of the shutter as you please.
- To tone the sliver leafing down a bit, brush champagne colored metallic craft paint over the entire shutter then rub it off, leaving just a hint of color and giving it a bit of a vintage look.